The School Motto
'Laborare est Orare'
The School motto, translates from Latin to mean
TO WORK IS TO PRAY
Welcome to Sea Point High School
Celebrating 132 years, Sea Point High School started as Sea Point Boys High in 1884 and joined with Ellerslie Girls school in 1989. Today, Sea Point High School continues the tradition of excellent education. Situated on Sea Point Main Road, our learners enjoy the convenience of easy access to buses and taxis right outside the school as well a safe, clean and healthy environment close to the sea.
We are a co-ed, multi-cultural school, and we pride ourselves in establishing a strong academic foundation which prepares the way for matriculation success and or further tertiary education, by offering our learners the following:
- Professional, experienced, dedicated and caring teachers
- Sound subject choices
- Latest technological resources - interactive whiteboards & computer labs
- Support classes
- A well equipped Library
- A resident psychologist
- Learner Leaders and RCL members - A leadership development programme
- Feeding scheme - Breakfast and lunch
- Sports - Soccer, Volleyball and Netball
- Clubs & societies
- Journalism and Debating
- Art & Design
We at SPHS believe that a good education is the best tool for developing and equipping young people for a successful future.